If you’ve taken your car navigation system into the woods you probably realized that it becomes more of a paper weight than a navigation device. Without roads most can’t function. That’s why you may need off-road navigation software, of which Tracky is a good example. You can use it for hiking, biking, skiing, driving, sailing, scuba diving, golf, city trips, or geo-caching.
- download, record, share, and train tracks
- GPX support: direct import in GoogleEarth
- free online maps anywhere you go (GoogleMaps)
- follow your buddies live and chat with them
- address-to-address navigation (Google Directions)
- search in various online databases for nearby businesses, geo-caches, Wikipedia entries, and more
- multi-language: English, Deutsch, Nederlands, Français, Español, Italiano, Português, 日本語, 繁體中文, 简体中文, Ελληνικά, Русский, Dansk, Svenska, Magyar, Čeština
A free trial version is available for download. The trial version works for 15 minutes, but you can re-start it as many times you like. A license costs 30 Euro. An upgrade fee of 15 Euros applies if you have a 1.x or 2.x license. If you have a 3.x license, you can upgrade for free: your current license key will also work for this version.