CyberLink Showcases Multimedia Solutions Optimized for Netbooks and Nettops at Computex 2009
Taipei, Taiwan—June 2, 2009—CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW), innovative solutions provider for the connected digital lifestyle, announces that the company is showcasing a series of digital media applications designed for Netbooks and Nettops at Computex 2009.
Netbooks and Nettops are new fast rising PC categories. According to Gartner, sales of the netbooks are expected to increase 80% from last year to account for about 8% of the PC market. ABI Research has also forecasted that the all-in-one Nettop will reach 35 million units for 2009.
“We are in the Netbook and Nettop boom,” said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink Corp. “CyberLink has optimized our key applications for Netbooks, which means these multimedia applications consume less CPU power and yield longer battery life especially for those on the go. CyberLink has also developed touch-enabled applications for Nettops making these all-in-one PCs ideal media entertainment devices at home.”
CyberLink’s software optimized for Netbooks and Nettops include:
- PowerDVD, the HD movie playback software, supports the latest CPU and GPU hardware acceleration enabling Blu-ray movie playback on Netbooks and Nettop devices.
- PowerCinema, the touch-enabled all-in-one media entertainment software allows users to listen to music, create media playlist, watch videos and slideshows, edit photos and create media playlist. PowerCinema supports multi-touch operation.
- MediaShow, the quick and smart photo and video application allows users to create slideshows, burn video discs and share their content onto Facebook, and Youtube.
- CyberLink Live, the remote media access allows users to enjoy media content from their home PCs even when they are outside their homes. Users will able to watch TVs, webcam videos, listen to music, access and share their videos, photos and documents.
- Network Player, the software-based DLNA media player that streams video, photo and music content from media servers allowing users to enjoy their media anywhere at home.
For more information, please visit www.cyberlink.com.
CyberLink Corp is the leader and pioneer in enabling digital multimedia on PCs and CEs through the use of video editing software, DVD player software, and other multimedia solutions. Backed by a group of high-caliber software engineers, CyberLink owns its core codec and a number of patented technologies. CyberLink has built a solid reputation for delivering high-quality, interoperable, and fast time-to-market solutions that keep our OEM partners on the leading edge. Our business partners include leaders in the PC industry: drive manufacturers, graphics-card makers, and top-5 desktop and notebook brands. Today, CyberLink’s software solutions include: complete applications for Blu-ray Discs, digital home entertainment, TV-on-PC and human resource development. With customers spanning from multi-national corporations to small/medium-sized businesses, and from power users to home users, CyberLink has enjoyed rapid and consistent growth leading to a record breaking IPO in 2000 on the Taiwan Over The Counter Exchange (OTC: 5203). Currently, CyberLink is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: 5203.TW). CyberLink’s worldwide headquarters is located in Taipei. To keep up with market demands, CyberLink has operations in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region, including Japan. For more information, please visit CyberLink’s website at www.cyberlink.com.